Expert help to show you how the beauty professionals protect their skin from the climatic challenges of winter and promote an effortlessly dewy complexion all your round! Let’s get glowing…
HACK #1 – Barrier Protection
Omega rich oils reinforce the delicate acid mantle (that’s your skins pH. Best slightly acidic around 5.5). These oils protect the skin from dryness, dehydration and sensitivity. Quality cold pressed plant oils are rich sources of omega 3 – 9 and are naturally compatible with the skin to penetrate the epidermis delivering nutrient rich antioxidants, vitamins, enzymes, minerals and essential fatty acids to build and repair healthy new cells. Remember, without this protection skin is prone to dryness, damage and sensitivity; all precursors to premature ageing (eeek!).
- Use it as a daily moisturiser to protect against dryness and sensitivity
- Use it to calm red inflamed wind damaged skin.
- Use it weekly as a rich anti-ageing butter masque
HACK #2 – Forget Foaming!
Cleanse with a rich cream or oil cleanser which not only is a more effective cleanser but also reconditions skin. Remember that foaming products are water based. The skin is water-proof which means foaming products only offer a topical cleanse and strips skin of natural oils. Prone to breakouts? Cleansers based on precious plant oils not only penetrate the skin to cleanse more deeply but equalise oil and deliver a range of nutrients to soothe skin while helping to combat blemishes, scarring and pitting. They are also the first line of defence when it comes to inflammation, the precursor to acne and other skin concerns.
- Use it nightly to instantly remove stubborn make up and mascara
- Use it daily as a deeply nourishing skin conditioner
- Use it am to combat congestion, blemishes and breakouts
HACK #3 – Salon Strength Treatments (at home!)
Shorter colder days means we want results fast! Treat skin with dual multi-taskers to achieve professional in salon results. An exfoliating masque with a mechanical exfoliant, cosmeceutical actives in an anti-ageing formula will not only resurface skin allowing serums and treatment creams to penetrate more effectively but will smooth lines, boost hydration, improve texture and combat dryness. You’re welcome!
- Use it as an exfoliant with micronized cacoa to effectively exfoliate
- Use it as a face masque with resveratrol to brighten and boost collagen
- Use it as an anti-ageing treatment with vitamins and antioxidants
HACK #4 – Super Serums
A serum should be active from the first ingredient. The formula should be an intense infusion of actives, vitamins and botanical nutrients to deeply nourish skin to protect against ageing while promoting tone, texture, moisture, luminosity and brilliance. An omega oil rich serum during winter combats the intensity of temperature, wind, indoor heating and sensitivity while penetrating effortlessly to target signs of ageing. Hard working skin heroes!
- Reverse wrinkles with clinical concentration of antioxidant intense Q10
- Protect and repair with omega-6 rich berry seed oils
- Target signs of ageing with clinical concentrations of aromaceutical essential oils and antioxidant vitamins A and E.
HACK #5 – Professional Attention
An in-salon professional strength treatment enables your therapist to create a bespoke skin ritual targeting seasonal concerns while addressing specific skin indications. Professional strength treatments deliver intense repair and nutrition while resurfacing and retexturing the skin to deliver a luminous glowing and deeply hydrated complexion.
- Activate collagen and reverse wrinkles with clinical doses of smart peptide, Heptapeptide-7
- Promote skin firmness, texture and brilliance with 500mg of active L-ascorbic acid (pure Vitamin C)
- Moisture lock with botanical actives and hyaluronic acid infused in crystal essences, crushed quartz and pure rose oil